Southall Discount Tyres is a VOSA approved MOT testing station. All work is carried out by our fully MOT trained vehicle technicians, using the latest workshop technology, tools and vehicle diagnostics equipment. Our team are ready to give you accurate and honest advice to help you get your car or van through its MOT as smoothly as possible.
MOT Preparation tips
The overall condition, age and mileage are all varying factors that may impact the chances of an MOT ‘pass’. However here are some simple tips to prepare your car before the MOT test:
- Check your washer fluid and wipers are working
- Check your windscreen for damage – remember many insurance companies allow windscreen replacement without impacting your policy
- Check the horn is working
- Check all lights, indicators and hazards are working
- Check your tyre inflation levels are correct – your car’s manual will list the correct levels.
- Check your tyre condition for damage and tread – the minimum is 1.6mm
- Check the condition of seat belts and ensure they engage properly
Other points to consider before the MOT test:
- Make sure the boot is not full – the MOT tester may need to look into the boot to examine the rear suspension mounting.
- Make sure there is no bodywork damage that has left exposed jagged edges as this can result in MOT failure.